A course provided to satisfy the continuing education requirement of licensed nursing home administrators shall meet the following conditions before being approved by the board:
(1) A request for approval shall be submitted on forms provided by the department at least one day prior to the start of the course;
(2) Such course of study shall consist of a minimum of one hour of organized instruction with the exception of board-approved self-study courses;
(3) Such course of study may include the following general subject areas or their equivalents, and shall be oriented to the nursing home administrator and reasonably related to the administration of nursing homes:
(a) Resident management;
(b) Personnel management;
(c) Financial management;
(d) Environmental management;
(e) Governance and management;
(f) Laws relating to Washington state nursing homes;
(4) Within one hundred eighty days after becoming licensed, nursing home administrators shall attend an approved course on laws relating to nursing homes in Washington. The board will grant retroactive credit to those licensees who obtain the required training as administrators-in-training under WAC 246-843-090
. The board will approve state law training courses based on the following criteria.
A minimum of a six-hour program, with formal training objectives, that covers the following subjects: The requirements of chapter 18.52
RCW and essential areas of laws that apply to nursing homes regulated by the department of social and health services under chapter 388-97
• Resident services, medical and social;
• Resident rights, including resident decision making, informed consent, advance directives and notices to residents;
• Criminal history inquiries;
• Differences between federal and state law.
(5) Such course of study shall issue certificates of attendance or other evidence satisfactory to the board.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 18.52 and 34.05 RCW. 00-01-074, § 246-843-130, filed 12/13/99, effective 1/13/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.52.100. 91-24-050 (Order 217B), § 246-843-130, filed 11/27/91, effective 12/28/91; 91-06-060 (Order 141B), recodified as § 246-843-130, filed 3/1/91, effective 4/1/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.52.100(11). 88-23-038 (Order PM 791), § 308-54-130, filed 11/9/88. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.52.100(14) and 18.52.110(2). 82-20-092 (Order PL 407), § 308-54-130, filed 10/6/82. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.52.100(14) and 18.52.110. 80-01-057 (Order PL 328), § 308-54-130, filed 12/20/79; Order PL 265, § 308-54-130, filed 3/21/77; Order PL 260, § 308-54-130, filed 12/10/76; Order PL 107, § 308-54-130, filed 3/3/71.]