Responsibilities of the program director in alternative programs.
The program director of an alternative program is responsible for:
(1) Development and use of a curriculum which:
(3) Verifying home care aides-certified have a valid certification before admission to the alternative program.
(4) Verifying medical assistants-certified have certification before admission to the alternative program.
(5) Direct supervision of all students during clinical experience. Direct supervision means an approved program director or instructor observes students performing tasks.
(6) Ensuring the clinical instructor has no concurrent duties during the time he or she is instructing students.
(7) Maintaining an environment acceptable to teaching and learning.
(8) Supervising all instructors involved in the course. This includes clinical instructors and guest lecturers.
(9) Ensuring students are not asked to, or allowed to perform any clinical skill with patients or clients until the students have demonstrated the skill satisfactorily to an instructor in a practice setting.
(10) Evaluating knowledge and skills of students before verifying completion of the course.
(11) Providing students a verification of completion when requirements of the course have been satisfied.
(12) Providing adequate time for students to complete the objectives of the course. The time may vary with skills of the learners and teaching or learning variables.
(13) Establishing an evaluation process to assess mastery of competencies.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.88A.087
. WSR 11-16-042, § 246-841-555, filed 7/27/11, effective 8/27/11.]