Supportive services that may be performed by licensed expanded function dental auxiliaries (EFDAs).
(1) A supervising dentist may delegate the supportive services in subsection (5) of this section under the dentist's close supervision, provided the EFDA has demonstrated skills necessary to perform each task competently.
(2) A dentist may delegate the supportive services in subsection (6) of this section under the dentist's general supervision, provided the EFDA has demonstrated skills necessary to perform each task.
(3) Delegation of supportive services not in subsection (5) or (6) of this section may be subject to disciplinary action.
(4) In addition to supportive services in subsections (5) and (6) of this section, licensed EFDAs may perform nonclinical tasks.
(5) Supportive services allowed under close supervision:
(a) Supportive services under WAC 246-817-520
(4), except for supportive services in subsection (6) of this section.
(b) Place, carve, finish, and polish direct restorations.
(c) Take preliminary and final impressions and bite registrations, to include computer assisted design and computer assisted manufacture applications.
(6) Supportive services allowed under general supervision are:
(a) Perform coronal polishing.
(b) Give fluoride treatments.
(c) Apply sealants.
(d) Place, expose, and process radiographs.
(e) Give patient oral health instructions.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.260.040
, and 2015 c 120. WSR 17-05-056, § 246-817-525, filed 2/10/17, effective 3/13/17. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.260.120
. WSR 08-14-010, § 246-817-525, filed 6/19/08, effective 7/1/08.]