Approved supervisor requirements.
(1) An approved supervisor is a certified chemical dependency professional (CDP) or a person who meets or exceeds the requirements of a certified CDP in the state of Washington, and who would be eligible to take the examination required for certification.
(2) An approved supervisor has at least four thousand hours of experience in a state approved chemical dependency treatment agency in addition to the supervised experience hours required to become a CDP.
(3) Twenty-eight clock hours of recognized supervisory training may be substituted for one thousand hours of experience.
(4) An approved supervisor is not a blood or legal relative, significant other, cohabitant of the supervisee, or someone who has acted as the supervisee's primary counselor.
(5) A chemical dependency professional trainee (CDPT) must receive documentation of his or her approved supervisor's qualifications before training begins.
(6) An approved supervisor or other certified CDP must review and sign all CDPT clinical documentation.
(7) An approved supervisor is responsible for all patients assigned to the CDPT they supervise.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 18.205
RCW. WSR 09-14-111, § 246-811-049, filed 6/30/09, effective 7/1/09. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.205.060
(1). WSR 99-13-084, § 246-811-049, filed 6/14/99, effective 7/15/99.]