The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly states otherwise.
(1) Approved school means any college or university accredited by a national or regional accrediting body, at the time the applicant completed the required education or other educational programs approved by the secretary.
(2) Certified chemical dependency professional (CDP)
means an individual certified in chemical dependency counseling under chapter 18.205
(3) Certified chemical dependency professional trainee (CDPT)
means an individual working toward the education and experience requirements for certification as a chemical dependency professional, and who has been credentialed as a CDPT under chapter 18.205
(4) Chemical dependency counseling means employing the core competencies of chemical dependency counseling to assist or attempt to assist an alcohol or drug addicted person to develop and maintain abstinence from alcohol and other mood-altering drugs.
(5) Core competencies of chemical dependency counseling means competencies oriented to assist alcohol and drug addicted patients to achieve and maintain abstinence from mood-altering substances and develop independent support systems. Core competencies include the following nationally recognized areas:
(c) Attitudes of professional practice, including assessment and diagnosis of chemical dependency;
(d) Chemical dependency treatment planning and referral;
(e) Patient and family education in the disease of chemical dependency;
(f) Individual and group counseling with alcoholic and drug addicted individuals; and
(g) Relapse prevention counseling, and case management.
(6) Direct supervision means the supervisor is on the premises and available for immediate consultation.
means participating in an approved school and progressing toward the completion of the course work, or completion of the course work to be certified as a chemical dependency professional as described in WAC 246-811-030
(2)(a) through (w).
(8) Individual formal meetings means a meeting with an approved supervisor, involving one approved supervisor and no more than four supervisees.
(9) Official transcript means the transcript from an approved college or school, in an envelope readily identified as having been sealed by the school.
(10) Related field means health education, behavioral science, sociology, psychology, marriage and family therapy, mental health counseling, social work, psychiatry, nursing, divinity, criminal justice, and counseling education.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.205.100
. WSR 16-14-052, § 246-811-010, filed 6/29/16, effective 7/30/16. Statutory Authority: Chapter 18.205
RCW. WSR 09-14-111, § 246-811-010, filed 6/30/09, effective 7/1/09. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.205.060
(1). WSR 99-13-084, § 246-811-010, filed 6/14/99, effective 7/15/99.]