Process to become a recognized agency or facility.
(1) To become a recognized agency or facility, an agency or facility must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the secretary that it is operated, licensed, or certified by the state of Washington to provide specific counseling services.
(2) When reviewing requests for recognition, the secretary may:
(a) Require forms and documentation;
(b) Consult with other state agencies and entities.
(3) In determining whether or not to recognize the agency or facility, the secretary may consider multiple criteria, including, but not limited to:
(a) Counseling quality assurance standards and requirements that are applicable to the agency or facility;
(b) Protections for ensuring patient safety in the delivery of supervised counseling services by counselors employed by the agency or facility; and
(c) Mechanisms for receiving and reporting complaints regarding counselors, investigating counselor conduct and practices, and taking corrective and disciplinary actions against counselors.
(4) The department will maintain a list of recognized agencies and facilities that may employ agency affiliated counselors to perform a specific counseling service or services under this section.
(5) Recognized agencies or facilities that cease to be operated, licensed, or certified by the state of Washington will no longer be recognized and will be removed from the list of recognized agencies.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.19.050
and chapter 18.19
RCW. WSR 09-15-041, § 246-810-017, filed 7/8/09, effective 7/8/09.]