(1) The approved supervisor must hold a license without restrictions that has been in good standing for at least two years.
(2) The approved supervisor must not be a blood or legal relative or cohabitant of the licensure candidate, licensure candidate's peer, or someone who has acted as the licensure candidate's therapist within the past two years.
(3) The approved supervisor, prior to the commencement of any supervision, must provide the licensure candidate a declaration, on a form provided by the department, that the supervisor has met the requirements of WAC 246-809-134
and qualify as an approved supervisor.
(4) The approved supervisor must have completed the following:
(a) A minimum of fifteen clock hours of training in clinical supervision obtained through:
(i) A supervision course; or
(ii) Continuing education credits on supervision; or
(iii) Supervision of supervision; or
(iv) Any combination of these; and
(b) Twenty-five hours of experience in supervision of clinical practice; or
(c) An American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) approved supervisor meets the qualifications above.
(5) The approved supervisor must attest to having thorough knowledge of the supervisee's practice activities including:
(a) Practice setting;
(c) Financial management;
(d) Ethics of clinical practice; and
(e) A backup plan for coverage.
(6) Applicants whose supervised postgraduate experience began before September 30, 2006, are exempt from the requirements of subsection (4) of this section.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 18.225 RCW. 09-15-039, § 246-809-134, filed 7/8/09, effective 7/8/09. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.225.040 and [18.225.]090. 06-18-043, § 246-809-134, filed 8/30/06, effective 9/30/06.]