The department will approve the installation of all FAS except for manufactured homes (see WAC 246-359-720
) when the following requirements are met:
(1) New and relocated FAS must be installed according to the manufacturer's written instructions;
(2) If the manufacturer's written instructions are unavailable or insufficient to address safe installation the department will require installation instructions for FAS to be submitted by an engineer or architect;
(3) The department will inspect FAS installation to determine if the site is properly prepared and the FAS is anchored according to the:
(a) Manufacturer's installation instructions; or
(b) Design of either an engineer or an architect.
(4) The requirements stated in WAC 246-359-720
(5) through (8) apply to FAS installation.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.114A.081
. WSR 99-03-065, § 246-359-710, filed 1/18/99, effective 2/18/99.]