(1) This chapter applies only to temporary worker housing as defined in RCW 43.70.334
and chapter 70.114A
(2) TWH meeting the requirements of subsection (1) of this section must:
(a) Be located on a rural worksite; and
(b) Comply with:
(i) Chapter 246-358
WAC (TWH rules); and
(ii) The electrical code, chapter 296-46B
(3) Existing structures built as nonresidential buildings, according to the state building code, may be licensed as TWH by complying with the specific requirements of WAC 246-359-600
, alternate construction, and approved under the authority of this chapter.
(4) Alterations to residential housing constructed according to the state building code and approved by the authority having jurisdiction must comply with:
(a) The authority having jurisdiction for issuing building permits; and
(b) This chapter.
(5) TWH built in compliance with this chapter is exempt from state building code accessibility laws, RCW 19.27.031
(6) Temporary worker housing built in compliance with this chapter which is subsequently converted to another use becomes subject to all local requirements for such use as enforced by the authority having jurisdiction.
(7) This chapter does not apply to:
(a) Housing built for use by the general public which is governed by chapter 59.18
RCW (Residential Landlord-Tenant Act) or chapter 59.20
RCW (Mobile Home Landlord-Tenant Act);
(b) Factory assembled structures as defined in this chapter, except for the requirements in subsection (8) of this section; and
(c) The construction of structures governed by the state building code and enforced by the authority having jurisdiction.
(8) This chapter is limited to issuing a construction permit for factory assembled structures to meet the following requirements:
(a) On-site installation; and
(b) Inspection of the site, foundation, and hook-ups, including, but not limited to: Potable water, sewage disposal systems, or gas connections.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.114A
RCW and RCW 43.70.334
. WSR 15-13-091, § 246-359-005, filed 6/15/15, effective 1/1/16. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.114A.081
. WSR 99-03-065, § 246-359-005, filed 1/18/99, effective 2/18/99.]