To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Review of construction documents and functional program.
(1) Prior to beginning any construction or remodeling, the applicant or licensee must submit an application and fee, if applicable, to the department and receive written authorization by the department to proceed.
(2) The licensee or applicant must submit a written functional program, in accordance with RCW 71.12.470
, outlining the service categories and types of residents to be served and how the needs of the residents will be met including, but not limited to:
(a) Program goals;
(b) Staffing and health care to be provided;
(c) Infection control;
(d) Security and safety;
(e) Seclusion and restraint;
(g) Food and nutrition; and
(3) The licensee or applicant must submit accurate, timely, and complete construction documents that comply with all governing rules.
(4) Construction documents must include:
(a) Drawings prepared, stamped, and signed by an architect licensed by the state of Washington under chapter 18.08
RCW. The services of a consulting engineer licensed by the state of Washington may be used for the various branches of the work, if appropriate; and
(b) Drawings with coordinated architectural, mechanical, and electrical work drawn to scale showing complete details for construction, including:
(i) Site plan(s) showing streets, driveways, parking, vehicle and pedestrian circulation, utility line locations, and location of existing and new buildings;
(ii) Dimensioned floor plan(s) with the function of each room and fixed/required equipment designated;
(iii) Elevations, sections, and construction details;
(iv) Schedule of floor, wall, and ceiling finishes;
(v) Schedules of doors and windows - sizes and type, and door finish hardware;
(vi) Mechanical systems - plumbing and heating/venting/air conditioning; and
(vii) Electrical systems, including lighting, power, and communication/notification systems;
(c) Specifications that describe with specificity the workmanship and finishes; and
(d) Shop drawings and related equipment specifications for:
(i) An automatic fire sprinkler system when required by other codes; and
(ii) An automatic fire alarm system when required by other codes.
(5) A license may not be issued for a new RTF, a new facility within an RTF, or changes in resident bed capacity or licensed service category(ies) for a currently licensed RTF, without written approval from the department's construction review services unit and residential care services program.
(6) The applicant or licensee must:
(a) Comply with the standards as adopted by the Washington state building code council;
(b) Assure conformance to the approved plans during construction;
(c) Submit addenda, change orders, construction change directives or any other deviation from the approved plans prior to their installation;
(d) Provide a written construction project completion notice to the department indicating:
(i) The completion date; and
(ii) The actual construction cost;
(e) Make adequate provisions for the health, safety, and comfort of residents during construction projects.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 71.12
RCW. WSR 05-15-157, § 246-337-040, filed 7/20/05, effective 8/20/05.]