This section ensures that ambulatory surgical facilities provide competent staff consistent with scope of services.
Ambulatory surgical facilities must:
(1) Create and periodically review job descriptions for all staff;
(2) Supervise staff performance to assure competency;
(3) Verify and document licensure, certification, or registration of staff;
(4) Complete tuberculosis screening for new and current employees consistent with the Guidelines for Preventing the Transmission of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis in Healthcare Facilities,
2005. Morbidity Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) Volume 54
, December 30, 2005;
(5) Provide infection control information to staff upon hire and annually which includes:
(a) Education on general infection control according to chapter 296-823
WAC blood borne pathogens exposure control; and
(b) General and specific infection control measures related to patient care.
(6) Establish and implement an education plan that verifies staff training on prevention, transmission, and treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) consistent with RCW 70.24.310
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.230 RCW. 09-09-032, § 246-330-140, filed 4/7/09, effective 5/8/09.]