To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Amendment of certificate of need applications.
(1) The following changes to an application may be considered by the department an amendment of an application:
(a) The addition of a new service or elimination of a service included in the original application.
(b) The expansion or reduction of a service included in the original application.
(c) An increase in the bed capacity.
(d) A change in the capital cost of the project or the method of financing the project.
(e) A significant change in the rationale used to justify the project.
(f) A change in the applicant.
(2) Direct responses to screening questions will not be considered amendments.
(3) Amendments to certificate of need applications shall include information and documentation consistent with the requirements of WAC 246-310-090
(1)(a)(i) and (b).
(4) Application for emergency review. If an applicant changes an application during the screening period, the department shall determine whether the changed application constitutes a new application. An application changed during the review period shall be considered a new application.
(5) An application for expedited or regular review may be changed during the screening period or the public comment period.
(a) If an application is changed during the screening period or within the ten-day grace period following the beginning of review, the department shall determine whether the changed application constitutes an amended application. The applicant may submit written information to the department within five working days of receiving the department's determination indicating why the change should not be considered an amendment.
(b) The department shall respond within five working days of receiving the applicant's written information concerning whether the application changes constitute an amendment.
(c) When an application has been amended, the review period may be extended for a period not to exceed forty-five days.
(6) An application for concurrent review may be amended according to the following provisions:
(a) The department shall determine when an application has been amended.
(b) An amendment may be made through the first forty-five days of the concurrent review process. When the department determines an applicant has amended an application, the review period for all applications reviewed concurrently shall be extended by a single thirty-day period. The forty-five days for amendments shall be divided as follows:
(i) During the first thirty days an applicant or applicants may amend an application one or more times.
(ii) When an amendment has been made to an application in the first thirty days, all applicants may make one final amendment during the remaining fifteen days of the forty-five day period.
(iii) The department shall send written notice to all applicants when an amendment to an application is submitted.
(iv) If no amendment has been made to any application through the thirty-day period, no amendments may be made during the subsequent fifteen-day period.
(c) Any information submitted after the amendment period which has not been requested in writing by the department shall be returned to the person submitting the information and shall not be considered in the review of the application.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.38
RCW. WSR 96-24-052, § 246-310-100, filed 11/27/96, effective 12/28/96. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.38.135
. WSR 92-02-018 (Order 224), § 246-310-100, filed 12/23/91, effective 1/23/92. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.040
. WSR 91-02-049 (Order 121), recodified as § 246-310-100, filed 12/27/90, effective 1/31/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.38.135
. WSR 86-06-030 (Order 2344), § 248-19-295, filed 2/28/86.]