(1) Small business may receive a twenty-five percent discount on radioactive materials license fees specified in WAC 246-254-070
, and 246-254-100
(2) To qualify for the discount, the business shall:
(a) Be a corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, or other legal entity formed for the purpose of making a profit;
(b) Be independently owned and operated from all other businesses (i.e., not a subsidiary of a parent company); and
(c) Have fifty or fewer employees.
(3) To receive the discount, the license applicant at the time of initial license request, or the licensee at the time of annual billing shall:
(a) Certify, on the business' letterhead or appropriate departmental form, the business meets the conditions in subsection (2) of this section;
(b) Sign the certification as the chief executive officer of the business or as an official designee;
(c) Have the certification notarized;
(d) Enclose the payment with the certification; and
(e) Submit the certification and payment in accordance with instructions provided by the department.
(4) The department may verify certifications and will suspend any radioactive materials license if the applicant/licensee:
(a) Failed to pay the required fee; or
(b) Made an invalid or false certification.
(5) Upon request of any radioactive materials licensee or license applicant, the department may accept semiannual or quarterly payments in lieu of the required annual license fee, provided:
(a) A written payment schedule setting specific due dates and payment amounts is submitted; and
(b) The total payments per the schedule equal the fee in effect at the time such fee payment schedule is accepted by the department.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.110. 91-22-027 (Order 208), § 246-254-030, filed 10/29/91, effective 11/29/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.040. 91-02-049 (Order 121), recodified as § 246-254-030, filed 12/27/90, effective 1/31/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.20A.055. 86-12-039 (Order 2382), § 440-44-059, filed 5/30/86.]