246-224-0100  <<  246-224-0110 >>   246-224-0120

What if I want to bring a radiation machine into Washington state for temporary use from out-of-state?

(1) Notify the department at least three business days prior to in-state use when bringing an X-ray machine into the state for any temporary use. The department may waive the time requirement upon hardship request by the owner. Notification to the department includes, at a minimum, the:
(a) Type of radiation machine;
(b) Nature, duration, and scope of use; and
(c) Exact location where the radiation machine is to be used.
(2) All machines and assemblies must comply with all applicable regulations.
(3) Any medical or dental use radiation (e.g., X-ray) machines within the state must register with the department according to WAC 246-224-0020.
(4) For radiation (e.g., X-ray) machines not intended for patient diagnosis and treatment, you must register the machine if it is used for more than sixty calendar days. Registration is waived for sixty or fewer calendar days per year.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.98.050 and [70.98.]080. WSR 02-14-050, ยง 246-224-0110, filed 6/27/02, effective 7/28/02.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group