The department shall make available a course to be used by the state tuberculosis control program or local health departments to train tuberculosis community health workers.
This course shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) Tuberculosis infection and disease, including prevention, transmission, pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment;
(2) The administration, reading, and interpretation of the Mantoux tuberculin skin test;
(3) The performance of oral directly observed therapy and directly observed preventive therapy;
(4) Adverse reactions to tuberculosis medications and how to monitor patients for adverse reactions;
(5) Appropriate referral mechanisms for positive skin tests, adverse reactions, or other medical needs;
(6) Personal health and safety requirements including the use of personal protective equipment.
[Statutory Authority: ESB 6158 and chapter 70.28 RCW. 94-20-080, § 246-170-035, filed 10/4/94, effective 11/4/94.]