To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) "Childcare center" means any facility or center licensed by the department of early learning as described in chapter 43.215
RCW that regularly provides care for a group of children for periods of less than twenty-four hours per day.
(2) "Contact" means a person exposed to a contagious person or animal, or a contaminated source which might provide an opportunity to acquire the infection.
(3) "Contagious disease" means an illness caused by an infectious agent of public health concern which can be transmitted from one person, animal, or object to another person by direct or indirect means including transmission through an intermediate host or vector, food, water, or air. Contagious diseases include, but are not limited to:
(a) Bacterial Meningitis
(i) Haemophilus influenzae invasive disease (excluding Otitis media)
(b) Diarrheal diseases due to or suspected to be caused by an infectious agent
(iii) Hepatitis A
(vi) Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC)
(c) Diseases spread through the air - Tuberculosis
(d) Vaccine preventable diseases
(i) Chickenpox (Varicella)
(iii) German measles (Rubella)
(iv) Measles (Rubeola)
(vi) Whooping cough (Pertussis)
(4) "Contaminated" means containing or having contact with infectious agents that pose an immediate threat to present or future public health.
(5) "Exposed" means such association with a person or animal in the infectious stage of a disease, or with a contaminated source, which provides the opportunity to acquire the infection.
(6) "Infectious agent" means an organism that is capable of producing infection or infectious disease.
(7) "Outbreak" means the occurrence of cases of a disease or condition in any area over a given period of time in excess of the expected number of cases as determined by the local health officer.
(8) "School" means each building, facility, and location at or within which any or all portions of a preschool, kindergarten, and grades one through twelve program of education and related activities are conducted for two or more students or children by or on behalf of any public school district and by or on behalf of any private school or private institution subject to approval by the state board of education.
(9) "Susceptible" means a person who has no immunity to an infectious agent.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.20.050
. WSR 13-15-070, § 246-110-010, filed 7/16/13, effective 8/16/13. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.20.050
. WSR 91-02-051 (Order 124B), recodified as § 246-110-010, filed 12/27/90, effective 1/31/91; WSR 90-21-056 (Order 095), § 248-101-021, filed 10/15/90, effective 10/15/90.]