Northern pikeminnow sport-reward fishery Columbia and Snake rivers.
The Washington department of fish and wildlife shall administer a bounty voucher program for Northern pikeminnow (Ptychocheilus oregonensis) taken by legal fishing methods, in waters open to fishing, from the mouth of the Columbia River to the boundary markers 650 feet below the fish ladders at Priest Rapids Dam; from the mouth of the Snake River to the boat restricted zone below Hells Canyon Dam, and from the backwaters and sloughs as well as up to 400 feet into the tributaries of the reaches listed above on the Columbia and Snake rivers. The following requirements must be met to qualify for a voucher:
(1) Each angler must register in person, prior to fishing, at one of the registration stations each fishing day;
(2) Each angler, in person, must exchange their eligible Northern pikeminnow for a voucher during the posted hours, and at the same registration station where the angler registered prior to fishing;
(3) Each Northern pikeminnow must be nine inches or longer in total length and presented in fresh condition or alive;
(4) Anglers must provide information regarding their catch as requested by department personnel at the registration site; and
(5) Anglers must possess a valid Washington state fishing license and must use a single rod, reel, and line with up to three hooks with no more than three points each.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 77.04.012
, and 77.12.047
. WSR 15-11-042 (Order 15-126), § 232-12-166, filed 5/14/15, effective 6/14/15. Statutory Authority: 1998 c 191 and RCW 75.08.080
. WSR 99-03-029 (Order 99-02), § 232-12-166, filed 1/13/99, effective 2/13/99. Statutory Authority: RCW 77.12.040
. WSR 94-09-019 (Order 632), § 232-12-166, filed 4/14/94, effective 5/1/94; WSR 93-10-013, § 232-12-166, filed 4/23/93, effective 4/30/93.]