(1) It is unlawful to operate drag seine or beach seine gear without possessing a valid food fish drag seine fishery license. A violation of this subsection is a gross misdemeanor or class C felony, depending on the circumstances of the violation, punishable under RCW 77.15.500
Commercial fishing without a license -- Penalty.
(2) It is unlawful to take, fish for, and possess bottomfish with drag seine or beach seine gear, unless the gear meets the following requirements:
(a) Seines must be 350 feet or less in length; and
(b) Net mesh must be 1/2-inch stretch measure or larger.
(3) Violation of subsection (2) of this section is a gross misdemeanor, punishable under RCW 77.15.520
Commercial fishing -- Unlawful gear or methods -- Penalty.
(4) It is unlawful to take, fish for, or possess bottomfish with drag seine gear for commercial purposes except in the following Marine Fish-Shellfish Management and Catch Reporting Areas during the seasons designated below:
(a) Areas 28A, 28B, 28C, and 28D - Open January 1 through April 30.
(b) All other areas - Open September 1 through April 30, except that Areas 27A, 27B, 27C, and 29 are closed year-round.
(5) Violation of subsection (4) of this section is either a gross misdemeanor or class C felony, depending on the circumstances of the violation, punishable under RCW 77.15.550
Violation of commercial fishing area or time -- Penalty.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 77.04.012, 77.04.013, 77.04.055, 77.12.045, and 77.12.047. 12-23-016 (Order 12-267), § 220-48-061, filed 11/9/12, effective 12/10/12. Statutory Authority: RCW 75.08.080. 94-12-009 (Order 94-23), § 220-48-061, filed 5/19/94, effective 6/19/94; 82-14-056 (Order 82-72), § 220-48-061, filed 7/1/82.]