To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Puget Sound bottomfish—Drag seine requirements and seasons.
(1) It is unlawful to operate drag seine or beach seine gear without possessing a valid food fish drag seine fishery license. A violation of this subsection is a gross misdemeanor or class C felony, depending on the circumstances of the violation, punishable under RCW 77.15.500
Commercial fishing without a license—Penalty.
(2) It is unlawful to take, fish for, and possess bottomfish with drag seine or beach seine gear, unless the gear meets the following requirements:
(a) Seines must be 350 feet or less in length; and
(b) Net mesh must be 1/2-inch stretch measure or larger.
(3) Violation of subsection (2) of this section is a gross misdemeanor, punishable under RCW 77.15.520
Commercial fishing—Unlawful gear or methods—Penalty.
(4) It is unlawful to take, fish for, or possess bottomfish with drag seine gear for commercial purposes except in the following Marine Fish-Shellfish Management and Catch Reporting Areas during the seasons designated below:
(a) Areas 28A, 28B, 28C, and 28D - Open January 1 through April 30.
(b) All other areas - Open September 1 through April 30, except that Areas 27A, 27B, 27C, and 29 are closed year-round.
(5) Violation of subsection (4) of this section is either a gross misdemeanor or class C felony, depending on the circumstances of the violation, punishable under RCW 77.15.550
Violation of commercial fishing area or time—Penalty.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 77.04.012
, and 77.12.047
. WSR 12-23-016 (Order 12-267), § 220-48-061, filed 11/9/12, effective 12/10/12. Statutory Authority: RCW 75.08.080
. WSR 94-12-009 (Order 94-23), § 220-48-061, filed 5/19/94, effective 6/19/94; WSR 82-14-056 (Order 82-72), § 220-48-061, filed 7/1/82.]