To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
All-citizen troll seasons.
It is unlawful to fish for salmon with troll gear or to land salmon taken with troll gear into a Washington port except during the seasons provided for in this section.
(1) SMCRAs 1, 2, 3, and that portion of Area 4 west of 125°05'00" W longitude and south of 48°23'00" N latitude open May 1, 2001, and remain open through June 30, 2001, or until the chinook quota is taken. Unlawful to retain coho. No more than 4 spreads per line beginning June 1. Cape Flattery and Columbia River Control Zones closed.
(2) SMCRAs 2, 3, and that portion of Area 4 west of 125°05'00" W longitude and south of 48°23'00" N latitude open July 1, 2001, and remains open through July 27, 2001, or until the chinook or coho quotas have been taken. Unlawful to retain wild coho. Gear is restricted to plugs with a plug body length of six inches or greater, and no more than 4 spreads per line. Cape Flattery Control Zone closed.
(3) SMCRA 1 opens July 20, 2001, and remains open through September 30, 2001, or until the chinook or coho quotas have been taken. Unlawful to retain wild coho. Columbia River Commercial Control Zone closed.
(4) SMCRA 2 south of the Queets River opens July 28, 2001 or upon closure of the fishery provided for in subsection (2) of this section, and remains open concurrent with the fishery provided for in subsection (3) of this section.
(5) In all fisheries provided for in this section, chinook minimum size 28 inches and coho minimum size 16 inches. No minimum size for pink, sockeye or chum salmon.
(6) Lawful troll gear is restricted to single point, single shank barbless hooks.
(7) It is unlawful for any fisher taking salmon north of the Queets River to fail to land the salmon north of the Queets River and west of Sekiu, or to fail to notify the department before leaving the area. Notification must be made by calling the department at 360-902-2739, and reporting the name of fisher and boat, the area fished, the day leaving the area, and the port of destination.
(8) Fishers must land and deliver their catch within 24 hours of any closure of a fishery provided for in this section, and must land within the SMCRA fished, or within an adjacent SMCRA closed to all-citizen troll fishing.
(9) The Cape Flattery Commercial Control Zone is defined as the area from Cape Flattery (48°23'00" N latitude) to the northern boundary of the U.S. EEZ; and the area from Cape Flattery south to Cape Alava, 48°10'00" N latitude and west of 125°05'00" W longitude.
(10) The Columbia River Commercial Control Zone is defined as an area at the Columbia River mouth, bounded on the west by a line running northeast/southwest between the red lighted Buoy #4 (46°13'35" N. latitude, 124°06'50" W. longitude) and the green lighted Buoy #7 (46°15'09" N. latitude, 124°06'16" W. longitude); on the east, by the Buoy #10 line which bears north/south at 357° true from the south jetty at 46°14'00" N. latitude, 124°03'07" W. longitude to its intersection with the north jetty; on the north, by a line running northeast/southwest between the green lighted Buoy #7 to the tip of the north jetty (46°14'48" N. latitude, 124°05'20" W. longitude) and then along the north jetty to the point of intersection with the Buoy #10 line; and, on the south, by a line running northeast/southwest between the red lighted Buoy #4 and tip of the south jetty (46°14'03" N. latitude, 124°04'05" W. longitude), and then along the south jetty to the point of intersection with the Buoy #10 line.
(11) Vessels intending to land their catch taken south of Cape Falcon into a Washington port must notify WDFW before traveling north of Cape Falcon by calling 360-902-2181
and report the name of the vessel, the intended port of landing, the estimated time and date of arrival and the catch aboard.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 77.12.047
. WSR 01-13-006 (Order 01-105), § 220-24-040, filed 6/7/01, effective 7/8/01.]