Review and selection process.
(1) The application method is on application forms provided by the department specifically for this purpose. Application forms will be available by request from the Olympia headquarters and at all regional offices of the department.
(2) Applications for projects will be accepted at least once per biennium during the open application period of December 1 through February 28.
(a) Applications accepted prior to the start of a biennium may be for project funding for one or both years of the ensuing biennium.
(b) If applications are accepted after the start of the biennium, they will be for project funding in the second year of a biennium.
(3) The funding decision deadline is May 31 of the year of application.
(4) Exceptions to the funding deadline dates will only be allowed in the event of applications for volunteer projects which are responsive to an emergency situation which may arise and which has been declared to be an emergency by the director.
(5) The department will send each applicant, within forty-five days of receipt of each application, a written acknowledgment of the receipt of the application and give the applicant an estimated date when notification of acceptance or rejection of the proposal can be expected. The written acknowledgment will also provide the department's selection criteria and a general description of the review and selection process. Final decisions and notification of acceptance or rejection of proposals where funding is requested will be made only after the biennial budget is passed by the legislature and signed by the governor.
(6) The department will determine when a proposed project might affect the management programs of federal, other state, and local agencies and of treaty tribes and will make contact with these entities, when the department determines that it is appropriate to do so, during the review and selection process. If the department determines that ongoing coordination between a volunteer group and another agency or tribe would be appropriate, it may be required as a condition of the agreement, when issued.
(7) The department may provide suggested modifications to the proposal which would increase its likelihood of approval together with the name and telephone number of the person within the department responsible for monitoring the review of the proposal.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 77.04.012
, and 77.100.080
. WSR 15-03-092 (Order 15-11), § 220-130-040, filed 1/21/15, effective 2/21/15. Statutory Authority: RCW 77.12.047
. WSR 07-22-097 (Order 07-274), § 220-130-040, filed 11/6/07, effective 12/7/07; WSR 04-01-055 (Order 03-306), § 220-130-040, filed 12/11/03, effective 1/11/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 75.08.080
. WSR 00-02-048 (Order 99-235), § 220-130-040, filed 12/30/99, effective 1/30/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 75.08.080
. WSR 99-11-004 (Order 99-44), § 220-130-040, filed 5/6/99, effective 6/6/99. Statutory Authority: RCW 75.08.080
. WSR 85-04-045 (Order 85-07), § 220-130-040, filed 2/1/85.]