The following activities of the department of game are exempted:
(1) The establishment of hunting, trapping or fishing seasons, bag or catch limits, and geographical areas where such activities are permitted.
(2) The issuance of falconry permits.
(3) The issuance of all hunting or fishing licenses, permits or tags.
(4) Artificial game feeding.
(5) The issuance of scientific collector permits.
(6) All hydraulic project approvals (RCW 75.20.100
) for activities incidental to a Class I, II, III forest practice as defined in RCW 76.09.050
and regulations thereunder.
(7) Hydraulic project approvals where there is no other agency with jurisdiction (besides the department of fisheries) requiring a nonexempt permit, except for proposals involving removal of fifty or more cubic yards of streambed materials or involving realignment into a new channel. For purposes of this paragraph, the term new channel shall not include existing channels that have been naturally abandoned within the twelve months previous to the hydraulic permit application.
(8) The routine release or transfer of hatchery fish, game birds, and animals or the reintroduction of endemic or native species into their historical habitat, where only minor documented effects on other species will occur.
(9) Minor repair work to be done by hand tools. Examples include:
(a) Maintenance of fish screen or intake structures; or
(b) Silt and debris removal from boat launches, docks, and piers.
(10) Collection of game fish and wildlife for research.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.21C.110. 84-05-020 (Order DE 83-39), § 197-11-840, filed 2/10/84, effective 4/4/84.]