Committee member requirements and committee member terms.
(1) As a continuing condition of appointment, committee members must:
(a) Not have a substantial financial conflict of interest, such as an interest in a health technology company, including the holding of stock options, or the receipt of honoraria, or consultant moneys;
(b) Complete a conflict of interest disclosure form, update the form annually, and keep disclosure statements current;
(c) Abide by confidentiality requirements and keep all personal medical information and proprietary information confidential; and
(d) Not use information gained from committee membership outside of committee responsibilities, unless the information is publicly available.
(2) The director has the sole discretion to terminate a committee member's appointment if the director determines that the committee member has violated a condition of appointment.
(3) Committee members serve staggered three-year terms. To provide for staggered terms, committee members may be appointed initially for less than three years.
(4) A committee member may be appointed for a total of nine years of committee service, but an initial appointment of less than twenty-four months is not included in the nine-year limitation.
(5) A committee member may serve until that member's successor is appointed, notwithstanding the limits on service in subsection (3) of this section.
(6) Mid-term vacancies on the committee are filled for the remainder of the unexpired three-year term.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 41.05.021
. WSR 16-18-023, § 182-55-025, filed 8/26/16, effective 9/26/16. Statutory Authority: RCW 41.05.013
, and 70.14.090
. WSR 06-23-083 (Order 06-10), § 182-55-025, filed 11/13/06, effective 12/14/06.]