(1) A certification period is the period of time a person is determined eligible for a categorically needy (CN) scope of care medical program. Unless otherwise stated in this section, the certification period begins on the first day of the month of application and continues to the last day of the last month of the certification period.
(2) For a child eligible for the newborn medical program, the certification period begins on the child's date of birth and continues through the end of the month of the child's first birthday.
(3) For a woman eligible for a medical program based on pregnancy, the certification period ends the last day of the month that includes the sixtieth day from the day the pregnancy ends.
(4) For families the certification period is twelve months with a six-month report required as a condition of eligibility as described in WAC 388-418-0011
(5) For children, the certification period is twelve months. Eligibility is continuous without regard to changes in circumstances other than aging out of the program, moving out-of-state, failing to pay a required premium(s), incarceration or death.
(6) When the child turns nineteen the certification period ends even if the twelve-month period is not over. The certification period may be extended past the end of the month the child turns nineteen when:
(a) The child is receiving inpatient services (see WAC 388-505-0230
) on the last day of the month the child turns nineteen;
(b) The inpatient stay continues into the following month or months; and
(c) The child remains eligible except for exceeding age nineteen.
(7) For an SSI-related person the certification period is twelve months.
(8) When the medical assistance unit is also receiving benefits under a cash or food assistance program, the medical certification period is updated to begin anew at each:
(a) Approved application for cash or food assistance; or
(b) Completed eligibility review.
(9) A retroactive certification period can begin up to three months immediately before the month of application when:
(a) The client would have been eligible for medical assistance if the client had applied; and
(b) The client received covered medical services as described in WAC 388-501-0060
(10) If the client is eligible only during the three-month retroactive period, that period is the only period of certification, except when:
(a) A pregnant woman is eligible in one of the three months preceding the month of application, but no earlier than the month of conception. Eligibility continues as described in subsection (3);
(b) A child is eligible for a CN medical program as described in WAC 388-505-0210
(1) through (5) and (7) in one of the three months preceding the month of application. Eligibility continues for twelve months from the earliest month that the child is determined eligible.
(11) Any months of a retroactive certification period are added to the designated certification periods described in this section.
(12) Coverage under premium-based programs included in apple health for kids as described in WAC 388-505-0210
and chapter 388-542
WAC begins no sooner than the month after creditable coverage ends.
[11-24-018, recodified as WAC 182-504-0015, filed 11/29/11, effective 12/1/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.057, and 74.08.090, and Apple Health for Kids Act (ESHB 2128); 42 U.S.C. 1305; Public Law 111-3 (Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009). 11-03-001, § 388-416-0015, filed 1/5/11, effective 2/5/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.057, 74.08.090, 74.09.402, 74.09.470, and 2008 session law. 09-07-086, § 388-416-0015, filed 3/17/09, effective 4/17/09. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.057, 74.08.090, 74.09.530, 74.09.700, and 2007 c 5. 08-05-018, § 388-416-0015, filed 2/12/08, effective 3/14/08. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.08.090, 74.09.530, and 74.09.700. 06-24-036, § 388-416-0015, filed 11/30/06, effective 1/1/07. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090, 74.09.530, and 74.09.415. 05-19-031, § 388-416-0015, filed 9/12/05, effective 10/13/05. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.510, and 2004 c 54. 04-21-064, § 388-416-0015, filed 10/18/04, effective 11/18/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090, 74.09.530, and 2003 c 10. 04-03-019, § 388-416-0015, filed 1/12/04, effective 2/12/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.08.090 and 74.09.450. 00-08-002, § 388-416-0015, filed 3/22/00, effective 5/1/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057 and 74.08.090. 98-16-044, § 388-416-0015, filed 7/31/98, effective 9/1/98. Formerly 388-509-0970, 388-521-2105, 388-522-2210 and 388-522-2230.]