School district response and support for nonmatched endorsements to course assignment of teachers.
Individuals with initial, residency, endorsed continuing, or professional teacher certificates who are employed with a school district under RCW 28A.405.210
may be assigned to classes other than in their areas of endorsement. If teachers are so assigned, the following shall apply:
(1) A designated representative of the district and any such teacher so assigned shall mutually develop a written plan which provides for necessary assistance to the teacher, and which provides for a reasonable amount of planning and study time associated specifically with the out-of-endorsement assignment;
(2) Such teachers shall not be subject to nonrenewal or probation based on evaluations of their teaching effectiveness in the out-of-endorsement assignments;
(3) Such teaching assignments shall be approved by a formal vote of the local school board for each teacher so assigned;
(4) A teacher who has completed twenty-four quarter credit hours (sixteen semester credit hours) of course work applicable to a special education endorsement shall be eligible for a preendorsement waiver from the special education office per chapter 392-172A
WAC which will allow that person to be employed as a special education teacher. All remaining requirements for special education endorsement shall be completed within five years.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.410.210
. WSR 14-20-051, § 181-82-110, filed 9/25/14, effective 10/26/14; WSR 14-11-106, § 181-82-110, filed 5/21/14, effective 6/21/14; WSR 12-16-107, § 181-82-110, filed 8/1/12, effective 9/1/12; WSR 08-12-056, § 181-82-110, filed 6/2/08, effective 7/3/08; WSR 06-14-010, § 181-82-110, filed 6/22/06, effective 7/23/06. WSR 06-02-051, recodified as § 181-82-110, filed 12/29/05, effective 1/1/06. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.410.010
. WSR 03-04-023, § 180-82-110, filed 1/27/03, effective 2/27/03. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.220
(4), 28A.305.130(1), 28A.410.018. WSR 00-18-063, § 180-82-110, filed 9/1/00, effective 10/2/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.305.130
(1) and (2), 28A.410.010 and 28A.150.220(4). WSR 99-04-008, § 180-82-110, filed 1/21/99, effective 2/21/99.]