The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) "Student" shall mean the same as defined for "child" in RCW 28A.210.070
(2) "Chief administrator" shall mean the same as defined in RCW 28A.210.070
(3) "Full immunization" shall mean the same as defined in RCW 28A.210.070
(4) "Schedule of immunization" shall mean the beginning or continuing of a course of immunization, including the conditions for private school attendance when a child is not fully immunized, as prescribed by the state board of health (chapter 246-100
(5) "Certificate of exemption" shall mean the filing of a statement exempting the child from immunizations with the chief administrator of the private school, on a form prescribed by the department of health, which complies with RCW 28A.210.090
(6) "Exclusion" shall mean the case or instance when the student is denied initial or continued attendance due to failure to submit a schedule of immunization, or a certificate of exemption in accordance with RCW 28A.210.120
(7) "School day" shall mean each day of the school year on which students enrolled in the private school are engaged in educational activity planned by and under the direction of the staff, as directed by the chief administrator and applicable governing board of the private school.
(8) "Parent" shall mean parent, legal guardian, or other adult in loco parentis.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 28A.305 RCW, RCW 28A.150.220, 28A.230.090, 28A.310.020, 28A.210.160, and 28A.195.040. 10-23-104, § 180-38-020, filed 11/16/10, effective 12/17/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.210.160. 06-23-006, § 180-38-020, filed 11/2/06, effective 12/3/06; 02-24-019, § 180-38-020, filed 11/26/02, effective 12/27/02. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.31.118. 85-20-040 (Order 20-85), § 180-38-020, filed 9/25/85.]