How manufacturers know if they are registered.
Step 1: Ecology review of the manufacturer registration form.
(1) Within five business days of ecology receiving a manufacturer registration form and the required administrative fee (see WAC 173-900-280
), ecology will:
(a) Place the manufacturer in "pending" status on the "manufacturer registration list"; and
(b) Place the manufacturer's "currently owned and manufactured" brand names included on the form on the "manufacturer registration list."
(2) The manufacturer's brands of CEPs included on the "manufacturer registration list" can be sold or offered for sale in or into Washington state.
(3) Ecology will review the form to determine if the form is complete and accurate.
(4) If the form is not complete and accurate, or the manufacturer has not paid the required administrative fee, ecology will contact the manufacturer to request one or both of the following:
(a) A revised form that contains the complete and missing information;
(b) The unpaid administrative fee.
(5) The manufacturer must submit the administrative fee and all requested information within thirty days from the day ecology contacted the manufacturer.
Step 2: Approval or denial of manufacturer registration.
(a) Approval means that ecology has received the manufacturer's administrative fee and has determined the registration form is complete and accurate.
(b) If ecology approves the manufacturer's registration:
(i) Ecology will change the manufacturer's status from "pending" to "in compliance" on the "manufacturer registration list"; and
(ii) The manufacturer's registered brands of CEPs can continue to be offered for sale or sold in or into Washington state.
(a) Denial means that ecology either did not receive the administrative fee or ecology has determined the form is not complete and accurate and the manufacturer has not submitted the revised information as requested.
(b) If ecology denies a manufacturer's registration:
(i) Ecology will either change the manufacturer's status from "pending" to "in violation" on the "manufacturer registration list" or remove the manufacturer's name from the list;
(ii) Ecology will notify the manufacturer of the denial; and
(iii) The manufacturer's brands of CEPs are not allowed to be offered for sale or sold in or into Washington state.
(c) For initial manufacturer registration, if ecology denies a registration, the manufacturer may resubmit an initial registration form.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 70.95N
, 70.105, and 70.105D
RCW. WSR 07-21-013 (Order 07-05), § 173-900-220, filed 10/5/07, effective 11/5/07.]