(1) You are required to track each child's immunization status. To be sure that the children have the required immunizations for their age, you or your staff must:
(a) See that each child has a completed certificate of immunization status form submitted or on file before the first day of child care;
(b) Develop a system to audit and update as scheduled the information on the certificate of immunization status forms;
(c) Meet any requirement of state board of health WAC 246-100-166
(d) Have available on the premises the certificate of immunization status forms for review by the health specialist, licensor, the department of health, and nurse consultant.
(2) You may accept a child whose immunizations are started but not up to date on a "conditional" basis if:
(a) For children whose records are difficult to obtain (such as foster children), there is written proof that the case worker or health care provider is in the process of obtaining the child's immunization status prior to the child starting child care; or
(b) The required immunizations are started prior to children starting child care; and
(c) The immunizations are completed as rapidly as medically possible. You must work with the parent, health care provider, or local health department to obtain an immunization plan.
(3) If a parent or health care provider chooses not to immunize a child, they must sign the exempt portion of the certificate of immunization status form.
(4) You may have a policy that states you do not accept children who have been exempted from immunizations by their parent or guardian, unless that exemption is due to an illness protected by the American With Disabilities Act (ADA).
(5) The certificate of immunization status forms for children who are currently enrolled must be accessible and maintained on the premises in a confidential manner.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.215 RCW and 2006 c 265. 08-08-012, § 170-295-7020, filed 3/19/08, effective 4/19/08. 06-15-075, recodified as § 170-295-7020, filed 7/13/06, effective 7/13/06. Statutory Authority: Chapters 74.12 and 74.15 RCW. 03-14-110, § 388-295-7020, filed 6/30/03, effective 8/1/03.]