To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Child care subsidy rates—In-home/relative providers.
(1) Base rate. When a consumer employs an in-home/relative provider, DSHS pays the lesser of the following to an eligible in-home/relative provider for child care:
(a) The provider's private pay rate for that child; or
(b) The maximum child care subsidy rate of two dollars and forty-two cents per hour for the child who needs the greatest number of hours of care and two dollars and thirty-nine cents per hour for the care of each additional child in the family.
(2) DSHS may pay above the maximum hourly rate for children who have special needs under WAC 170-290-0235
(3) DSHS makes the WCCC payment directly to a consumer's eligible provider.
(4) When applicable, DSHS pays the employer's share of the following:
(a) Social Security and medicare taxes (FICA) up to the wage limit;
(b) Federal Unemployment Taxes (FUTA); and
(c) State unemployment taxes (SUTA).
(5) If an in-home/relative provider receives less than the wage base limit per family in a calendar year, DSHS refunds all withheld taxes to the provider.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.215.060
, and chapter 43.215
RCW. WSR 14-24-070, § 170-290-0240, filed 11/26/14, effective 1/1/15; WSR 14-20-088, § 170-290-0240, filed 9/29/14, effective 10/30/14; WSR 13-21-113, § 170-290-0240, filed 10/22/13, effective 11/22/13. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.215.070
and chapter 43.215
RCW. WSR 12-11-025, § 170-290-0240, filed 5/8/12, effective 6/8/12. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.215.060
, 2006 c 265, and chapter 43.215
RCW. WSR 09-22-043, § 170-290-0240, filed 10/28/09, effective 12/1/09. WSR 08-08-047, recodified as § 170-290-0240, filed 3/27/08, effective 3/27/08. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050
, and 74.13.085
. WSR 05-22-078, § 388-290-0240, filed 10/31/05, effective 12/1/05. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050
. WSR 02-12-069, § 388-290-0240, filed 5/31/02, effective 7/1/02. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050
and C.F.R. Parts 98 and 99 (Child Care Development Fund Rules). WSR 02-01-135, § 388-290-0240, filed 12/19/01, effective 1/19/02.]