To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
An in-home/relative provider must:
(1) Provide care, supervision, and daily activities based on the child's developmental needs;
(2) Report to DSHS within ten days any changes to their legal name, address or telephone number;
(3) Report to DSHS within twenty-four hours any pending charges or convictions they have;
(4) Report to DSHS within twenty-four hours any pending charges or convictions for anyone sixteen years of age and older who lives with the provider, including any person sixteen years of age or older who newly resides with the provider, when the provider cares for the child in the provider's home. Background checks must be completed for these persons as provided in WAC 170-290-0143
(5) Bill only for actual hours of care provided. Those hours must be authorized by DSHS, and used by the consumer for his or her DSHS approved activities;
(6) Bill for no more than six children at one time during the same hours of care;
(7)(a) If paper attendance records are used, have the consumer sign and date the attendance records at least weekly, verifying the accuracy of the dates and times.
(b) Providers may use an electronic attendance system as provided in WAC 170-290-0139
to record attendance in lieu of a paper sign-in record.
(c) Providers must keep attendance records for five years documenting the days and hours of care provided;
(9) Have at least one working telephone accessible in the home for incoming and outgoing calls during all times that subsidized child care is provided. The telephone must have 911 emergency services calling access.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.215.070
and chapter 43.215
RCW. WSR 12-11-025, § 170-290-0138, filed 5/8/12, effective 6/8/12. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.215.060
(6), 2006 c 265, and chapter 43.215
RCW. WSR 09-22-043, § 170-290-0138, filed 10/28/09, effective 12/1/09. WSR 08-08-047, recodified as § 170-290-0138, filed 3/27/08, effective 3/27/08. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050
, and 74.13.085
. WSR 05-22-078, § 388-290-0138, filed 10/31/05, effective 12/1/05.]