The following marking requirements apply to all grades except culls.
(1) All containers must be conspicuously and legibly stamped with the:
(a) Name and address of the grower, shipper or packer;
(b) Fruit variety;
(c) Grade; and
(d) Numerical count or minimum diameter.
(2) When the numerical count is not shown on the container, the minimum diameter and net weight must be plainly stamped or otherwise marked on the container.
(3) Minimum size must be stated on the container in terms of:
(a) Whole inches, such as 3 inches minimum; or
(b) Whole and half inches, such as 2-1/2 inches minimum; or
(c) Whole and quarter inches, such as 2-1/4 inches minimum; or
(d) Whole and eighth inches, such as 2-3/8 inches minimum.
(4) Both minimum and maximum diameters may be stated on the container.
(5) The grade must be stamped on the container in letters that are at least 1/4 inch high. The following abbreviations may be used:
(a) Washington: Wash or WA;
(b) Extra fancy: Ex fcy or extra fcy;
(c) Fancy: Fcy; and
(d) Combination: Comb.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 15.17 and 34.05 RCW. 07-12-075, § 16-436-190, filed 6/5/07, effective 7/6/07. Statutory Authority: Chapter 15.17 RCW. 92-11-076, § 16-436-190, filed 5/20/92, effective 6/20/92; 88-11-048 (Order 1977), § 16-436-190, filed 5/16/88; Order 1203, § 16-436-190, filed 5/14/71, effective 6/14/71.]