When an oral hearing is held, the order of procedure for conducting arbitration hearings shall be as follows:
(1) The chairperson shall open the hearing on behalf of the committee stating the place, time and date of the hearing; the members of the arbitration committee and the parties to the arbitration and their counsel, if any; and recital of the buyer's claim, any counterclaim, and the dealer's response, if any.
(2) The parties shall have the opportunity to present an opening statement.
(3) The complaining party shall have the opportunity to present the claim for damages, the proof and witnesses and shall submit to questions and other examination by the arbitration committee.
(4) The defending party shall present the defense and his or her proof including witnesses and shall submit to questions or other examination by the arbitration committee.
(5) Each party shall have the right of cross-examination.
(6) The arbitration committee may vary this procedure: Provided, That both parties are provided a full and equal opportunity to present their evidence and proofs.
(7) The names and addresses of all witnesses shall be recorded and made a part of the record.
(8) Both parties shall have an opportunity to present a summary statement.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 15.49.005, 15.49.081, 15.49.310, 15.49.370(3) and chapter 17.24 RCW. 00-24-077, § 16-301-180, filed 12/4/00, effective 1/4/01.]