(1) "Compact" is the interstate compact for supervision of probationers and parolees as codified in RCW 9.95.270
(2) "Compact administrator" is the deputy secretary, prisons division, department of corrections, who is responsible for the administration of the interstate compact for the supervision of adult probationers and parolees.
(3) "Deputy compact administrator" is a person appointed by the compact administrator and delegated responsibility for the administration of the interstate compact.
(4) "Sending state" is the state in which the individual was granted probation or parole and in which the jurisdiction of the case is retained.
(5) "Receiving state" is the state providing supervision of the parolee or probationer under the interstate compact.
(6) "Probationer" is a person under jurisdiction of a state superior or circuit court who is being supervised under the compact.
(7) "Parolee" is a person under jurisdiction of a paroling authority who is being supervised under the interstate compact.
(8) "Parole officer" is a state community corrections officer (CCO) employed by the department of corrections.
(9) "Supervising community corrections officer" is a CCO assigned to supervise a probationer or parolee as required by the interstate compact and to act in regard to all matters connected with hearings conducted pursuant to the interstate compact rules.
(10) "Violations specified" are charges and/or allegations made against probationer or parolee by a parole officer in regard to violation of law or failure to comply with the general conditions of probation or parole or special instructions and conditions as set forth by the court of jurisdiction or the paroling authority.
(11) "Preliminary hearing" is a hearing conducted in accordance with RCW 10.88.290
(12) "Hearing officer" is a person authorized by the compact administrator to hear cases involving alleged violations of conditions of parole or probation. Neither the person making the allegations of violation or his or her direct supervisor shall act as hearing officer.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 72.01.090
. WSR 07-12-073, § 137-68-010, filed 6/5/07, effective 7/6/07; WSR 03-21-088, § 137-68-010, filed 10/17/03, effective 11/17/03. Statutory Authority: RCW 9.95.270
. WSR 83-01-139 (Order 82-20), § 137-68-010, filed 12/22/82. Formerly WAC 275-102-475.]