(1) Disciplinary records are maintained in accordance with the records retention schedule.
(2) The disciplinary record is confidential.
(3) Students may request a copy of their own disciplinary record at their own reasonable expense by making a written request to the chief student services officer.
(4) Personally identifiable student information is redacted to protect another student's privacy.
(5) Students may authorize release of their own disciplinary record to a third party in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) by making a written request to the chief student services officer.
(6) The college may inform the complainant of the outcome of any disciplinary proceeding involving a crime of violence as defined at Section 16 of Title 18 of FERPA.
(7) The college may not communicate a student's disciplinary record to any person or agency outside the college without the prior written consent of the student, except as required or permitted by law. Exceptions include:
(a) The student's parents or legal guardians may review these records, if the student is a minor or a dependent for tax purposes as permitted by FERPA.
(b) To another educational institution, upon request, where the student seeks or intends to enroll.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 28B.50
RCW. WSR 07-10-042, § 132Q-30-145, filed 4/25/07, effective 6/25/07.]