As used in this chapter the following words and phrases shall mean:
(1) Annual permits - Permits, which are valid for fall through summer quarters.
(2) Appropriate vice-president - The chief administrative officer over student services regardless of current position title.
(3) Board - The board of trustees of Washington State Community College District 17, also known as Community Colleges of Spokane (CCS).
(4) Campus - Any or all real property owned, leased, operated or maintained by Community Colleges of Spokane.
(5) Campus safety - College security officers, criminal justice, work-study students, contracted security personnel, or employees, who are responsible to the appropriate vice-president or designee for campus safety.
(6) College - Any community college or separate instructional unit which may be created by the board of trustees of Community Colleges of Spokane.
(7) Community Colleges of Spokane (CCS) - Spokane Community College, Spokane Falls Community College, and the District Office.
(8) CCS Facilities are facilities owned by CCS or the CCS Foundation.
(9) Employee - Any person employed or representing Community Colleges of Spokane on a full- or part-time basis.
(10) Invited guest permits - Permits which are valid for an individual invited to campus by a department for a specific period designated on the permit.
(11) Quarterly permits - Permits valid for a specified academic quarter.
(12) Special permits - Permits issued under special circumstances such as carpool permits, issued to employees who participate in commuter trip reduction; and honorary permits which are issued to Community Colleges of Spokane employees upon retirement.
(13) Student - Any person who is or has officially registered at any college or instructional unit with the Community Colleges of Spokane and with respect to whom the college maintains education records or personally identifiable information.
(14) Vehicle - An automobile, truck, motorcycle, scooter, or any vehicle powered by a motor.
(15) Vendors - Persons contracted to provide services to CCS.
(16) Visitors - Any person, excluding students, employees, vendors and invited guests who lawfully visit the campus for purposes, which are in keeping with the colleges' role as institutions of higher learning in the state of Washington.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140
. WSR 13-15-150, § 132Q-20-005, filed 7/23/13, effective 8/23/13; WSR 11-23-162, § 132Q-20-005, filed 11/22/11, effective 12/23/11; WSR 03-18-021, § 132Q-20-005, filed 8/25/03, effective 9/25/03.]