It shall be the responsibility of the president of each institution or district to assure compliance with the following standards, which must be met or exceeded by all districts:
(1) The institution or district will certify, through the chief professional-technical administrator or designee, each full-time professional-technical instructor and administrator and maintain documentation of such certification. The certificate and the documentation on file shall specify the function and/or the specific occupational area for which the individual is certified.
(2) Each full-time contracted professional-technical instructor shall have a professional development plan, approved by the supervising professional-technical administrator or designee. The professional development plan shall be developed in collaboration with the instructor in accordance with local bargaining agreements. The chief professional-technical administrator or designee shall maintain a file of all such plans. Such plans shall be reviewed periodically, as determined by the institution.
(3) Full-time professional-technical instructors must complete the requirements of the initial certification within three years to attain standard certification. Standard certificates must be renewed every five years.
(4) Part-time professional-technical instructors teaching a two-thirds full-time load for more than the equivalent of three quarters must complete the requirements of the initial certification within three years, to attain standard certification. Standard certificates must be renewed every five years.
(5) All other part-time professional-technical instructors must be assessed as to their ability to provide student instruction, supervise learning environments and implement curriculum, outcomes, and assessments.
(6) The chief professional-technical administrator shall be certified by the president, who will maintain the chief professional administrator's professional development plan.
(7) Certification under the standards specified in WAC 131-16-070
is a condition of continued employment for all professional-technical education personnel.
(8) Safety and occupational health practices standards are met by meeting the requirements as set down by OSHA and WISHA. (As referenced in WAC 296-800-100
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 28B.50
RCW. WSR 04-07-094, § 131-16-092, filed 3/16/04, effective 4/16/04; WSR 93-14-008, § 131-16-092, filed 6/24/93, effective 7/25/93. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.090
(7)(a). WSR 91-21-009 (Order 134, Resolution No. 91-27), § 131-16-092, filed 10/4/91, effective 11/4/91; WSR 80-13-011 (Order 82, Resolution No. 80-14), § 131-16-092, filed 9/8/80; Order 22, § 131-16-092, filed 11/27/73.]