To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
General standards of qualifications for community and technical college personnel.
Prior to employment of candidates to perform professional services in Washington community and technical colleges, the district board of trustees shall establish that the candidate possesses:
(1) Scholarship and/or technical skill that represents appropriate study, training, and skills in the proposed area of assignment,
(2) Expertise as a practitioner as evidenced by reports of former associates and supervisors,
(3) A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the role to be played as a partner in an educational enterprise serving the best interests of the students,
(4) A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, role, and character of the community or technical college,
(5) The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the goals of the institution and the community and technical college system, and
(6) Personal characteristics that contribute to the ability to promote the welfare of the students, the institution, and the state of Washington.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 28B.50
RCW. WSR 98-23-051, § 131-16-080, filed 11/13/98, effective 12/14/98. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.090
(7)(a). WSR 91-21-009 (Order 134, Resolution No. 91-27), § 131-16-080, filed 10/4/91, effective 11/4/91; WSR 80-13-011 (Order 82, Resolution No. 80-14), § 131-16-080, filed 9/8/80; Order 22, § 131-16-080, filed 11/27/73; Order 5, § 131-16-080, filed 12/12/69.]