Registration requirements — Unprofessional conduct — Suspension of license or certificate for noncompliance with support order — Reinstatement.
(1) In order to maintain or defend a lawsuit or do any business in this state, a commercial telephone solicitor must be registered with the department of licensing. Prior to doing business in this state, a commercial telephone solicitor shall register with the department of licensing. Doing business in this state includes both commercial telephone solicitation from a location in Washington and solicitation of purchasers located in Washington.
(2) The department of licensing, in registering commercial telephone solicitors, shall have the authority to require the submission of information necessary to assist in identifying and locating a commercial telephone solicitor, including past business history, prior judgments, and such other information as may be useful to purchasers.
(3) The department of licensing shall issue a registration number to the commercial telephone solicitor.
(4) In addition to the unprofessional conduct described in RCW 18.235.130, the director of the department of licensing may take disciplinary action for any of the following conduct, acts, or conditions:
(a) Failing to maintain a valid registration;
(b) Advertising that one is registered as a commercial telephone solicitor or representing that such registration constitutes approval or endorsement by any government or governmental office or agency;
(c) Representing that a person is registered or that such person has a valid registration number when such person does not.
(5) An annual registration fee shall be assessed by the department of licensing, the amount of which shall be determined at the discretion of the director of the department of licensing, and which shall be reasonably related to the cost of administering the provisions of this chapter.
(6) The department shall immediately suspend the license or certificate of a person who has been certified pursuant to RCW 74.20A.320 by the department of social and health services as a person who is not in compliance with a support order. If the person has continued to meet all other requirements for reinstatement during the suspension, reissuance of the license or certificate shall be automatic upon the department's receipt of a release issued by the department of social and health services stating that the licensee is in compliance with the order.
[2002 c 86 § 285; 1997 c 58 § 853; 1989 c 20 § 5.]
| Effective dates -- 2002 c 86: See note following RCW 18.08.340.|
Part headings not law -- Severability -- 2002 c 86: See RCW 18.235.902 and 18.235.903.
Short title -- Part headings, captions, table of contents not law -- Exemptions and waivers from federal law -- Conflict with federal requirements -- Severability -- 1997 c 58: See RCW 74.08A.900 through 74.08A.904.
Effective dates -- Intent -- 1997 c 58: See notes following RCW 74.20A.320.