(1) A person is guilty of commercial sexual abuse of a minor if:
(a) He or she pays a fee to a minor or a third person as compensation for a minor having engaged in sexual conduct with him or her;
(b) He or she pays or agrees to pay a fee to a minor or a third person pursuant to an understanding that in return therefore such minor will engage in sexual conduct with him or her; or
(c) He or she solicits, offers, or requests to engage in sexual conduct with a minor in return for a fee.
(2) Commercial sexual abuse of a minor is a class B felony punishable under chapter 9A.20
(3) In addition to any other penalty provided under chapter 9A.20
RCW, a person guilty of commercial sexual abuse of a minor is subject to the provisions under RCW 9A.88.130
(4) Consent of a minor to the sexual conduct does not constitute a defense to any offense listed in this section.
(5) For purposes of this section, "sexual conduct" means sexual intercourse or sexual contact, both as defined in chapter 9A.44
Effective date—2013 c 302:
See note following RCW 9.68A.090
Findings—Intent—1999 c 327:
See note following RCW 9A.88.130