Oil transfers — Scope of rules — Reporting volumes of oil transferred.
(1) The department's rules authorized under RCW 88.46.160 and this section shall be scaled to the risk posed to people and to the environment, and be categorized by type of transfer, volume of oil, frequency of transfers, and such other risk factors as identified by the department.
(2) The rules may require prior notice be provided before an oil transfer, regulated under this chapter, occurs in situations defined by the department as posing a higher risk. The notice may include the time, location, and volume of the oil transfer. The rules may not require prior notice when marine fuel outlets are transferring less than three thousand gallons of oil in a single transaction to a ship that is not a covered vessel and the transfers are scheduled less than four hours in advance.
(3) The department may require semiannual reporting of volumes of oil transferred to ships by a marine fuel outlet.
(4) The rules may require additional measures to be taken in conjunction with the deployment of containment equipment or with the alternatives to deploying containment equipment. However, these measures must be scaled appropriately to the risks posed by the oil transfer.
(5) The rules shall include regulations to enhance the safety of oil transfers over water originating from vehicles transporting oil over private roads or highways of the state.
[2006 c 316 § 1.]
| Severability -- 2006 c 316: See note following RCW 88.46.167.|