Adult residential care — Contracts — Rules.
(1) To the extent of available funding, the department of social and health services may contract for adult residential care.
(2) The department shall, by rule, develop terms and conditions for facilities that contract with the department for adult residential care to establish:
(a) Facility service standards consistent with the principles in RCW 74.39A.051 and consistent with chapter 70.129 RCW; and
(b) Training requirements for providers and their staff.
(3) The department shall, by rule, provide that services in adult residential care facilities:
(a) Recognize individual needs, privacy, and autonomy;
(b) Include personal care and other services that promote independence and self-sufficiency and aging in place;
(c) Are directed first to those persons most likely, in the absence of adult residential care services, to need hospital, nursing facility, or other out-of-home placement; and
(d) Are provided in compliance with applicable facility and professional licensing laws and rules.
(4) When a facility contracts with the department for adult residential care, only services and facility standards that are provided to or in behalf of the adult residential care client shall be subject to the adult residential care rules.
(5) To the extent of available funding, the department may also contract under this section with a tribally licensed assisted living facility for the provision of services of the same nature as the services provided by adult residential care facilities. The provisions of subsections (2)(a) and (b) and (3)(a) through (d) of this section apply to such a contract.
[2012 c 164 § 707; 2012 c 10 § 65; 2004 c 142 § 15; 1995 1st sp.s. c 18 § 15.]
| Reviser's note: This section was amended by 2012 c 10 § 65 and by 2012 c 164 § 707, each without reference to the other. Both amendments are incorporated in the publication of this section under RCW 1.12.025(2). For rule of construction, see RCW 1.12.025(1).|
Finding -- Intent -- Rules -- Effective date -- 2012 c 164: See notes following RCW 18.88B.010.
Application -- 2012 c 10: See note following RCW 18.20.010.
Effective dates -- 2004 c 142: See note following RCW 18.20.020.
Conflict with federal requirements -- Severability -- Effective date -- 1995 1st sp.s. c 18: See notes following RCW 74.39A.030.