Preliminary return share — Notice — Challenges — Final return share.
*** CHANGE IN 2013 *** (SEE 5699.SL) ***
(1) By June 1, 2007, the department shall notify each manufacturer of its preliminary return share of covered electronic products for the first program year.
(2) Preliminary return share of covered electronic products must be announced annually by June 1st of each program year for the next program year.
(3) Manufacturers may challenge the preliminary return share by written petition to the department. The petition must be received by the department within thirty days of the date of publication of the preliminary return shares.
(4) The petition must contain a detailed explanation of the grounds for the challenge, an alternative calculation, and the basis for such a calculation, documentary evidence supporting the challenge, and complete contact information for requests for additional information or clarification.
(5) Sixty days after the publication of the preliminary return share, the department shall make a final decision on return share, having fully taken into consideration any and all challenges to its preliminary calculations.
(6) A written record of challenges received and a summary of the bases for the challenges, as well as the department's response, must be published at the same time as the publication of the final return share.
(7) By August 1, 2007, the department shall publish the final return shares for the first program year. By August 1st of each program year, the department shall publish the final return shares for use in the coming program year.
[2006 c 183 § 21.]