(1) All bonds issued by a municipality under the authority of this chapter shall be secured solely by revenues derived from the lease or sale of the facility. Bonds and any interest coupons issued under the authority of this chapter shall not constitute nor give rise to a pecuniary liability of the municipality or a charge against its general credit or taxing powers. Such limitation shall be plainly stated upon the face of each of such bonds. The use of the municipality's name on revenue bonds authorized hereunder shall not be construed to be the giving or lending of the municipality's financial guarantee or pledge, i.e. credit to any private person, firm, or corporation as the term credit is used in Article 8, section 7 of the Washington state Constitution.
(2) The bonds referred to in subsection (1) of this section, may (a) be executed and delivered at any time and from time to time, (b) be in such form and denominations, (c) be of such tenor, (d) be in bearer or registered form either as to principal or interest or both, as provided in RCW 39.46.030
, and may provide for conversion between registered and coupon bonds of varying denominations, (e) be payable in such installments and at such time or times not exceeding forty years from their date, (f) be payable at such place or places, (g) bear interest at such rate or rates as may be determined by the governing body, payable at such place or places within or without this state and evidenced in such manner, (h) be redeemable prior to maturity, with or without premium, and (i) contain such provisions not inconsistent herewith, as shall be deemed for the best interest of the municipality and provided for in the proceedings of the governing body whereunder the bonds shall be authorized to be issued.
(3) Any bonds issued under the authority of this chapter, may be sold at public or private sale in such manner and at such time or times as may be determined by the governing body to be most advantageous. The municipality may pay all expenses, premiums and commissions which the governing body may deem necessary or advantageous in connection with the authorization, sale and issuance thereof from the proceeds of the sale of said bonds or from the revenues of the facilities.
(4) All bonds issued under the authority of this chapter, and any interest coupons applicable thereto shall be investment securities within the meaning of the uniform commercial code and shall be deemed to be issued by a political subdivision of the state.
(5) The proceeds from any bonds issued under this chapter shall be used only for purposes qualifying under Section 103(c)(4)(f) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, as amended.
(6) Notwithstanding subsections (2) and (3) of this section, such bonds may be issued and sold in accordance with chapter 39.46
Liberal construction—Severability—1983 c 167:
See RCW 39.46.010
and note following.
Pollution control facilities or other industrial development—
Validation: RCW 53.08.041