Notice that a children's product contains a high priority chemical.
Beginning six months after the department has adopted rules under *section 8(5) of this act, a manufacturer of a children's product, or a trade organization on behalf of its member manufacturers, shall provide notice to the department that the manufacturer's product contains a high priority chemical. The notice must be filed annually with the department and must include the following information:
(1) The name of the chemical used or produced and its chemical abstracts service registry number;
(2) A brief description of the product or product component containing the substance;
(3) A description of the function of the chemical in the product;
(4) The amount of the chemical used in each unit of the product or product component. The amount may be reported in ranges, rather than the exact amount;
(5) The name and address of the manufacturer and the name, address, and phone number of a contact person for the manufacturer; and
(6) Any other information the manufacturer deems relevant to the appropriate use of the product.
[2008 c 288 § 5.]
| *Reviser's note: Section 8 of this act was vetoed by the governor.|