(1) The secretary of health shall direct that all state or federal funds, excluding those from federal Title XIX for services or other activities authorized in this chapter, shall be allocated to the office on AIDS established in RCW 70.24.250. The secretary shall further direct that all funds for services and activities specified in subsection (4) of this section shall be provided by the department directly to public and private providers in the communities.
(2) Efforts shall be made by both the counties and the department to use existing service delivery systems, where possible.
(3) The University of Washington health science program, in cooperation with the office on AIDS, may, within available resources, establish a center for AIDS education. The center for AIDS education is not intended to engage in state-funded research related to HIV infection, AIDS, or HIV-related conditions. Its duties shall include providing the office on AIDS with the appropriate educational materials necessary to carry out that office's duties.
(4) The department shall develop standards and criteria for awarding grants to support testing, counseling, education, case management, notification of sexual partners of infected persons, planning, coordination, and other services required by law. In addition, funds shall be allocated for intervention strategies specifically addressing groups that are at a high risk of being infected with the human immunodeficiency virus.
(5) The department shall reflect in its departmental biennial budget request the funds necessary to implement this section.
(6) The use of appropriate materials may be authorized by the department in the prevention or control of HIV infection.
[2010 1st sp.s. c 3 § 1; 1998 c 245 § 126; 1991 c 3 § 327; 1988 c 206 § 801.]
| Effective date -- 2010 1st sp.s. c 3: "This act takes effect January 1, 2011." [2010 1st sp.s. c 3 § 2.]|