The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Carbon dioxide equivalents" means a metric measure used to compare the emissions from various greenhouse gases based upon their global warming potential.
(2) "Climate advisory team" means the stakeholder group formed in response to executive order 07-02.
(3) "Climate impacts group" means the University of Washington's climate impacts group.
(4) "Department" means the department of ecology.
(5) "Director" means the director of the department.
(6) "Greenhouse gas" and "greenhouse gases" includes carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, hydrofluorocarbons, perfluorocarbons, sulfur hexafluoride, and any other gas or gases designated by the department by rule.
(7) "Person" means an individual, partnership, franchise holder, association, corporation, a state, a city, a county, or any subdivision or instrumentality of the state.
(8) "Program" means the department's climate change program.
(9) "Western climate initiative" means the collaboration of states, Canadian provinces, Mexican states, and tribes to design a multisector market-based mechanism as directed under the western regional climate action initiative signed by the governor on February 22, 2007.
[2010 c 146 § 1; 2008 c 14 § 2.]