For the purposes of chapters 70.05
RCW and unless the context thereof clearly indicates to the contrary:
(1) "Local health departments" means the county or district which provides public health services to persons within the area.
(2) "Local health officer" means the legally qualified physician who has been appointed as the health officer for the county or district public health department.
(3) "Local board of health" means the county or district board of health.
(4) "Health district" means all the territory consisting of one or more counties organized pursuant to the provisions of chapters 70.05
(5) "Department" means the department of health.
[1993 c 492 § 234; 1967 ex.s. c 51 § 1.]
Findings—Intent—1993 c 492:
See notes following RCW 43.20.050
Short title—Severability—Savings—Captions not law—Reservation of legislative power—Effective dates—1993 c 492:
See RCW 43.72.910
Severability—1967 ex.s. c 51: "If any provision of this act, or its application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the remainder of the act, or the application of the provision to other persons or circumstances is not affected." [1967 ex.s. c 51 § 24.]