The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Approved shellfish tag or label" means a tag or label meeting the requirements of the national shellfish sanitation program model ordinance.
(2) "Commercial quantity" means any quantity exceeding: (a) Forty pounds of mussels; (b) one hundred oysters; (c) fourteen horse clams; (d) six geoducks; (e) fifty pounds of hard or soft shell clams; or (f) fifty pounds of scallops. The poundage in this subsection (2) constitutes weight with the shell.
(3) "Department" means the state department of health.
(4) "Establishment" means the buildings, together with the necessary equipment and appurtenances, used for the storage, culling, shucking, packing and/or shipping of shellfish in commercial quantity or for sale for human consumption.
(5) "Ex officio fish and wildlife officer" means an ex officio fish and wildlife officer as defined in RCW 77.08.010
(6) "Fish and wildlife officer" means a fish and wildlife officer as defined in RCW 77.08.010
(7) "Person" means any individual, partnership, firm, company, corporation, association, or the authorized agents of any such entities.
(8) "Sale" means to sell, offer for sale, barter, trade, deliver, consign, hold for sale, consignment, barter, trade, or delivery, and/or possess with intent to sell or dispose of in any commercial manner.
(9) "Secretary" means the secretary of health or his or her authorized representatives.
(10) "Shellfish" means all varieties of fresh and frozen oysters, mussels, clams, and scallops, either shucked or in the shell, and any fresh or frozen edible products thereof.
(11) "Shellfish growing areas" means the lands and waters in and upon which shellfish are grown for harvesting in commercial quantity or for sale for human consumption.
(12) "Shellstock" means live molluscan shellfish in the shell.
The definitions in this section have been alphabetized pursuant to RCW 1.08.015