Annual licenses — Fees — Qualifications — Revocation — Exceptions.
(1) The department upon receipt of a properly completed application and payment of a nonrefundable fee, may grant an annual license to an applicant for the following: (a) Promoter; (b) manager; (c) boxer; (d) second; (e) wrestling participant; (f) inspector; (g) judge; (h) timekeeper; (i) announcer; (j) event physician; (k) event chiropractor; (l) referee; (m) matchmaker; (n) kickboxer; (o) martial arts participant; (p) training facility; and (q) amateur sanctioning organization.
(2) The application for the following types of licenses shall include a physical performed by a physician, as defined in RCW 67.08.002, which was performed by the physician with a time period preceding the application as specified by rule: (a) Boxer; (b) wrestling participant; (c) kickboxer; (d) martial arts participant; and (e) referee.
(3) An applicant for the following types of licenses for the sports of boxing, kickboxing, and martial arts shall provide annual proof of certification as having adequate experience, skill, and training from an organization approved by the department, including, but not limited to, the association of boxing commissions, the international boxing federation, the international boxing organization, the Washington state association of professional ring officials, the world boxing association, the world boxing council, or the world boxing organization for boxing officials, and the united full contact federation for kickboxing and martial arts officials: (a) Judge; (b) referee; (c) inspector; (d) timekeeper; or (e) other officials deemed necessary by the department.
(4) No person shall participate or serve in any of the above capacities unless licensed as provided in this chapter.
(5) The referees, judges, timekeepers, event physicians, chiropractors, and inspectors for any boxing, kickboxing, or martial arts event shall be designated by the department from among licensed officials.
(6) The referee for any wrestling event shall be provided by the promoter and shall be licensed as a wrestling participant.
(7) The department shall immediately suspend the license or certificate of a person who has been certified pursuant to RCW 74.20A.320 by the department of social and health services as a person who is not in compliance with a support order. If the person has continued to meet all other requirements for reinstatement during the suspension, reissuance of the license or certificate shall be automatic upon the department's receipt of a release issued by the department of social and health services stating that the licensee is in compliance with the order.
(8) The director shall suspend the license of any person who has been certified by a lending agency and reported to the director for nonpayment or default on a federally or state-guaranteed educational loan or service-conditional scholarship. Prior to the suspension, the agency must provide the person an opportunity for a brief adjudicative proceeding under RCW 34.05.485 through 34.05.494 and issue a finding of nonpayment or default on a federally or state-guaranteed educational loan or service-conditional scholarship. The person's license may not be reissued until the person provides the director a written release issued by the lending agency stating that the person is making payments on the loan in accordance with a repayment agreement approved by the lending agency. If the person has continued to meet all other requirements for licensure during the suspension, reinstatement is automatic upon receipt of the notice and payment of any reinstatement fee the director may impose.
(9) A person may not be issued a license if the person has an unpaid fine outstanding to the department.
(10) A person may not be issued a license unless they are at least eighteen years of age.
(11) This section shall not apply to contestants or participants in events at which only amateurs are engaged in contests and/or fraternal organizations and/or veterans' organizations chartered by congress or the defense department excluding any recognized amateur sanctioning body recognized by the department. Upon request of the department, a promoter, contestant, or participant shall provide sufficient information to reasonably determine whether this chapter applies.
[2012 c 99 § 6. Prior: 2002 c 147 § 3; 2002 c 86 § 309; 2001 c 246 § 1; 1999 c 282 § 7; prior: 1997 c 205 § 10; 1997 c 58 § 864; 1993 c 278 § 20; 1989 c 127 § 10; 1959 c 305 § 6; 1933 c 184 § 16; RRS § 8276-16. FORMER PART OF SECTION: 1933 c 184 § 20, part; RRS § 8276-20, part, now codified in RCW 67.08.025.]
| Effective date -- 2002 c 147: See note following RCW 67.08.002.|
Effective dates -- 2002 c 86: See note following RCW 18.08.340.
Part headings not law -- Severability -- 2002 c 86: See RCW 18.235.902 and 18.235.903.
Short title--Part headings, captions, table of contents not law--Exemptions and waivers from federal law--Conflict with federal requirements--Severability -- 1997 c 58: See RCW 74.08A.900 through 74.08A.904.
Effective dates--Intent -- 1997 c 58: See notes following RCW 74.20A.320.