Elimination of title — Application.
If a manufactured home is affixed to land that is owned by the homeowner, the homeowner may apply to the department to have the title to the manufactured home eliminated. The application package shall consist of the following:
(1) An affidavit, in the form prescribed by the department, signed by all the owners of the manufactured home and containing:
(a) The date;
(b) The names of all of the owners of record of the manufactured home;
(c) The legal description of the real property;
(d) A description of the manufactured home including model year, make, width, length, and vehicle identification number;
(e) The names of all secured parties in the manufactured home; and
(f) A statement that the owner of the manufactured home owns the real property to which it is affixed;
(2) Certificate of title for the manufactured home, or the manufacturer's statement of origin in the case of a new manufactured home. Where title is held by the secured party as legal owner, the consent of the secured party must be indicated by the legal owner releasing his or her security interest;
(3) A certification by the local government indicating that the manufactured home is affixed to the land;
(4) Payment of all vehicle license fees, excise tax, use tax, real estate tax, recording fees, and proof of payment of all property taxes then due; and
(5) Any other information the department may require.
[2010 c 161 § 1155; 1989 c 343 § 4.]
| Effective date -- Intent -- Legislation to reconcile chapter 161, Laws of 2010 and other amendments made during the 2010 legislative session -- 2010 c 161: See notes following RCW 46.04.013.|