(1) If the declaration provides that any of the powers described in RCW 64.34.304 are to be exercised by or may be delegated to a profit or nonprofit corporation which exercises those or other powers on behalf of a development consisting of one or more condominiums or for the benefit of the unit owners of one or more condominiums, all provisions of this chapter applicable to unit owners' associations apply to any such corporation, except as modified by this section.
(2) Unless a master association is acting in the capacity of an association described in RCW 64.34.300, it may exercise the powers set forth in RCW 64.34.304(1)(b) only to the extent expressly permitted in the declarations of condominiums which are part of the master association or expressly described in the delegations of power from those condominiums to the master association.
(3) If the declaration of any condominium provides that the board of directors may delegate certain powers to a master association, the members of the board of directors have no liability for the acts or omissions of the master association with respect to those powers following delegation.
(4) The rights and responsibilities of unit owners with respect to the unit owners' association set forth in RCW 64.34.308, 64.34.332, 64.34.336, 64.34.340, and 64.34.348 apply in the conduct of the affairs of a master association only to those persons who elect the board of a master association, whether or not those persons are otherwise unit owners within the meaning of this chapter.
(5) Notwithstanding the provisions of *RCW 64.34.308(6) with respect to the election of the board of directors of an association by all unit owners after the period of declarant control ends and even if a master association is also an association described in RCW 64.34.300, the certificate of incorporation or other instrument creating the master association and the declaration of each condominium, the powers of which are assigned by the declaration or delegated to the master association, must provide that the board of directors of the master association shall be elected after the period of declarant control in any of the following ways:
(a) All unit owners of all condominiums subject to the master association may elect all members of that board of directors.
(b) All members of the boards of directors of all condominiums subject to the master association may elect all members of that board of directors.
(c) All unit owners of each condominium subject to the master association may elect specified members of that board of directors.
(d) All members of the board of directors of each condominium subject to the master association may elect specified members of that board of directors.
[1989 c 43 § 2-120.]
| *Reviser's note: RCW 64.34.308 was amended by 2011 c 189 § 2, changing subsection (6) to subsection (7), effective January 1, 2012.|